In need of flexible and instant personal loan, Zenka gets you covered. Zenka is an online lending platform that offers collateral free personal loans to Kenyans. Their loan application process is seamless and stress-free since it is completed online hence there is no stressful paperwork.
In this post, we are going to explore the eligibility criteria, loan term, interest rate of Zenka loan and other important aspects of this article. Stay tuned as we walk through it together.
1. Requirement for Zenka Loan
To qualify for a Zenka loan, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria. They:
1. Resident: You must be resident in Kenya.
2. Age: Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
3. Identity: Must have valid national identity number.
4. Contact: Applicant must have Safaricom phone number with access to M-PESA service.
5. Income: Steady & stable income source will be an added advantage
You must allow Zenka to access your device’s data because it is a panacea to determining your creditworthiness.
Read also: How to apply for Zash loan
2. Zenka Loan Application Process(Online)
Applying for a Zenka loan is straightforward and hassle-free. Follow the steps below to apply:
- Download and install the Zenka app from the official Google Play store.
- Register with the necessary details to get started.
- Fill the Zenka loan application form by entering the necessary details including the loan amount.
- Wait for review.
- If approved, the loan amount will be disbursed to your account.
1. You can top up your existing loan with extra cash, until you reach your credit limit.
2. You can seek a loan extension by 7, 14 or even 30 days.
3. Repaying your loan on time will help you to build a good credit score and increase your credit limit.
3. Zenka Loanable Amount
The loan amount that borrowers can take from Zenka lending platform varies; it is determined by the borrower’s creditworthiness. Hence, the better your credit score, the higher the loan amount that you will qualify for and vice-versa.
The loan amount that borrowers can take from Zenka ranges from Ksh 500 to Ksh 30,000.
4. Zenka Loan Term
The loan tenure of Zenka is not fixed, it is designed to enable borrowers to pay off their loans with ease. The repayment term for the Zenka loan is between 61 – 180 days.
5. Zenka Loan Interest Rate
The Annual Percentage Rate(APR) of Zenka loan ranges from 70.7% – 224.89%
Zenka Loan Representative Example
Let’s assume you take a loan from Zenka loan, with the following breakdown:
Loan amount: Ksh 1,000
Loan term: 61 days
Interest rate: Ksh 300
Therefore, the total repayable amount(principal amount + interest) = Ksh 1,300.
People are also reading: How to download Fairkash loan app
6. Zenka Loan App Download
Downloading Zenka loan app is pretty simple and hassle-free, follow the simple steps below to download it:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and open it.
- Type ‘’Zenka’’ on the search bar.
- Once you see the app, click on download.
- After downloading, install the Zenka app.
- Create a Zenka account to get started.
7. Zenka Loan USSD Code
Interestingly, you can still access the Zenka loan with the use of USSD code. It is quite simple to use the USSD code. The Zenka USSD code is *841# or *483*101#.
To get started, just dial *841# on your Safaricom phone number, and carefully follow the onscreen instructions to apply for the loan.
8. Is Zenka Legit?
Zenka is a legitimate lending platform in Kenya that offers unsecured personal loans to Kenyans. Millions of Kenyans have downloaded the Zenka loan app according to the data present on Google Play Store which depicts its legitimate nature. However, carrying out research about their lending services before patronizing them will be an added advantage.
9. Zenka Customer Care
If you want to make inquiries or ask questions about the lending services of Zenka, you can contact Zenka customer care unit via their following handles:
Call: +254 (0) 207650878
Office address: Mirage Tower 2, 12th floor, P.O. BOX 29107-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
10. Zenka Loan Customer Reviews
Customers who have patronized Zenka loans shared their experience & reviews about the platform on Google Play Store. Some of the reviews are outlined below:
lorna Lilako – ‘’I got my first loan and I’m happy with the repayment period of one month. Very manageable. And the interest id also very fair. Thank you’’.
hybrider kalama – ‘’The app is really amazing. It gave me a loan in less than a minute but my problem is when the loan is paid earlier why not increase the limit every time someone pays earlier than the expected time’’.
Derick – ‘’This is one of the dormant apps in the system. I have been waiting for my loan since I downloaded the app but there is no feedback . They said 7 days but now it is almost 3 months and in my account I used to save more than 20,000 but they don’t support me’’.
Davis Khatera – ‘’Useless application. No space for resetting passwords. Disregards true security questions. No alternative for the Security questions and generally no direction when stuck’’.
Zenka enables their users to access unsecured personal loans to meet sought out financial needs. However, it is important to understand their lending policies so that you can maximize the loan whenever you take it from the platform. Thanks for your time.