Opay POS terminals have become a household financial machine in every nukes and crannies of Nigeria because of its seamless financial transaction and user-friendly interface. Literally speaking, Opay POS machines can be found in every part of Nigeria including the hinterland. It is used by different businesses to carry out financial transactions. The Opay POS machine comes in different forms and that’s what we shall be discussing in the subsequent sections, stay tuned!
Opay is one of the leading financial technology companies in Nigeria, the company offers a range of Point of Sale (POS) machines that are primarily designed to streamline transactions and facilitate seamless payments. In their relentless efforts to give stress-free transactions to their customers, Opay has continued to upgrade their POS machine from traditional POS to the more advanced smart POS machine which makes transactions stress-free.
Types Of Opay POS Machine In Nigeria
Currently, there are three major different types of Opay POS in Nigeria. These POS terminals that are offered by Opay have particular feature(s) that are unique to them. The Opay POS machines have continued to evolve to the latest smartest machine. The types of POS machines offered by Opay are listed below:
- Opay Traditional POS machine
- Opay Mini POS machine
- Opay Smart (Android) POS machine
1. Opay Traditional POS Machine
The Opay traditional POS machine which is also called Opay analog POS terminal is the first POS and the oldest POS machine that was introduced by Opay fintech company. This Opay traditional POS machine is not portable because it is made up of a printer, keypad and screen display. But the POS is durable since it can perform most of the financial transactions like transfers, mobile top-up, bill payment, airtime recharge, withdrawals etc. In the real sense it can perform most of the transactions like smart POS but the only drawback is that it is bulky.
Advantages Of Opay Traditional Pos Machine
- It is relatively cheap when compared to Opay smart POS machines.
- It can carry out different financial transactions.
Disadvantages Of Opay Traditional Pos Machine
- It is not portable.
- It requires the use of an external printer.
- It is not fast in processing financial transactions.
2. Opay Mini POS Machine
If you’ve been keen enough, you may have seen some POS terminals that looks-like calculators with Opay inscriptions. The Opay mini POS machine resembles a calculator, its nature makes it very portable and its durability is greater than that of the traditional Opay terminal. This mini POS machine can carry out different kinds of financial transactions like finds transfers, mobile top-up, bill payment, airtime recharge, cash withdrawals etc. However, before you will be able to use this POS machine, you must connect it to your android device through bluetooth. There is a provision for you to slot your automated teller machine(ATM) but it can’t print receipts, so if you want to print receipts for your transactions, you must connect it to a printer.
Advantages Of Opay Mini POS Machine
- It is very portable and easy to carry around.
- It is relatively cheap when compared with smart POS terminals.
- It can perform different kinds of financial transactions like bill payments, cash withdrawals, funds transfer etc.
- There is space to slot an ATM card.
- It is more durable than the traditional terminal.
Disadvantages Of Opay Mini POS Machine
- It can’t print receipts without the attachment of an external printer.
- It can not work independently with connecting it to the android smartphones.
3. Opay Smart (Android) POS Machine
As the name implies, Opay Smart (Android) POS machine is the smartest POS terminal that Opay company has. It has unique features that stand it out among other types. This terminal has a touchscreen that has the same mode of operation with android-based operating systems that have a network communication. This Opay smart POS machine is multifunctional because it can carry out different kinds of financial transactions within a twinkle of an eye. It can perform funds transfers, scan code function, cash withdrawals, airtime purchasing, data top-up etc. Unlike other Opay POS terminals that require an external terminal before it can print a receipt, the Opay smart POS machine can print receipts by connecting it to a printer. Indeed, it is smart.
Advantages Of Opay Smart (Android) POS machine
- It is portable
- It can print receipts without connecting it to printers.
- It is multi-functional.
- It is very fast in processing financial transactions.
Disadvantage Of Opay Smart (Android) POS machine
- It is costlier than other types of Opay POS machines.
Price Of Opay POS Machine
The prices of Opay POS machine are:
- The Opay Smart POS machine is sold at N50,000
- The Opay traditional POS is sold at N35,000
- The Opay mini POS is sold at N8,500
How Much Is Opay Android POS Machine?
Currently, the Opay android POS machine is sold at N50,000
Opay offers a diverse range of POS machines that cater to the unique requirements of businesses. Whether you need a compact and portable device or an all-in-one solution, Opay has you covered. By understanding the features and capabilities of each type of Opay POS machine, you can select the one that best suits your business needs. It’s gonna make sense if you embrace the power of electronic transactions and elevate your customer experience with Opay POS machines.