Opay is one of the leading fintech companies in Nigeria that offers different kinds of financial services to their users. Literally speaking, Opay is used in every nukes & crannies of Nigeria because of its financial services. Because of its wide usage in Nigeria, most users have resorted to getting the Opay debit card for both online and offline transactions.
However, before you can get an Opay ATM card, you’ll need to follow some procedures to apply for the card but if you don’t know how to get it let alone of activating it, no worries! We’re here to guide you. Stay tuned as we go through it together.
What You Should Do Before Applying For Opay Debit Card?
Before you think of getting an Opay debit card, you must have a functional Opay account.
To open an Opay account, just do this:
- Download the Opay mobile from Google Play Store or Apple Store for Android & iOS users respectively.
- Create an account with your personal details such as full name, phone number etc.
- Once you open an account, your phone number will automatically serve as an account.
Alternatively, you can create an Opay account by visiting the Opay official website and signing up with your details.
However, after creating the Opay account, you should start your Opay Know Your Customer(KYC) verification because if you’re not verified, you won’t be able to get the Opay debit card.
Benefits Of Opay Debit Card
The advantages accruing from having an Opay debit card are enormous and cannot be overemphasized. The benefits are outlined below:
- It can be used to make online payments.
- There’s no maintenance fees as it is in traditional bank debit cards.
- The Opay ATM card is accepted anywhere in Nigeria.
- Once you use the card for transactions, you’re going to get cashback.
How to Get/Apply For an Opay Debit Card
After creating your Opay account and getting verified, you can follow the steps below to apply and get Opay debit card, the steps are:
- Sign in to your Opay account with your details.
- Tap on the ‘’Me’’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘’Request for Opay Debit Card’’ button.
- Input your referral code.
- Choose your ‘’Identity Verification Type’’ (i.e Driver’s license, National ID etc).
- Choose your ‘’Pick Up Location’’.
You can choose ‘’Express’’ if you need home or office delivery but you will pay a delivery fee of N300.
- Enter other relevant required details of yours.
- Pay for the ATM card which is N700.
- Finally, review your application and confirm your debit card request.
How To Activate Opay Debit Card
Once you receive the Opay ATM card, the next thing to do is to activate the card and start using it instantly.
To activate your Opay debit card, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Opay app using your details.
- G to the cards tab section.
- Click on ‘’Activate Card’’.
- Now, input the PIN you want to use for your Opay debit card and other necessary details.
After activating your Opay debit on Opay mobile app, you’ll need to visit any Zenith bank ATM nearest to you to complete the activation process.
How To Activate Your Opay Debit Card at Zenith ATM Machine
For offline use, you will need to activate your Opay ATM card at any zenith bank nearest to you. To activate your Opay debit card at Zenith ATM, do this:
- Go to any Zenith ATM machine nearest to you.
- Insert your Opay debit card in the ATM machine.
- Input your debit card number & the card’s default pin.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to create a new ATM PIN that you’d use subsequently.
- Once the ATM input your new offline PIN, then your card has been finally activated and that’s all.
How Much Is Opay ATM Card?
Opay charges N700 for their ATM card. However, if you want it to be delivered to your office or home, you’ll be charged an extra N300 delivery fee.
Getting an Opay ATM card is quite simple. Just follow the steps outlined in this article carefully and you’ll be able to get your Opay debit card. After getting the debit card, you can activate it with the Opay app. For offline use, you’ll need to visit any Zenith ATM machine to get it activated.