With over 70 million annual transactions, Cash App is one of the leading payment services that enables users to transfer funds from one person to another via a mobile app. It is widely used in the US and the United Kingdom.
All the transactions done with the Cash App are secured and encrypted, too. This means that the Cash App history can only be seen by the sender of the money and the receiver of such funds. Hence, it is impossible to see someone’s Cash App transaction history without their consent.
However, before you can see someone else’s Cash App transaction history, that person must give you authorization by sharing their login details with you. In a nutshell, if someone doesn’t give you their Cash App login details, you won’t be able to see their transaction history.
Recommended: Walmart gift card purchase restriction
Can you track someone’s Cash App history?
No, you can’t track someone else’s Cash App transaction history. Cash App is encrypted so that only the two parties involved in the transaction (sender and receiver) will be able to see the transaction history.
This means that the third party won’t be able to see Cash App history. So, if you want to see their transaction history, then you must obtain prior permission from the account owner. If they decline your request, you won’t be able to see it, but if they give you authorization by allowing you access to their account, then you will be able to see their transaction history.
Why it is Important to Hide your Cash App History from Someone
It is important to conceal your Cash App history from a third party to stop such a person from knowing your financial status. Not only that, guiding your transaction history jealously is very vital to prevent scammers from seeing it. Because once they see your transaction history, they will get your vital information and, in turn, use it to defraud you of your hard-earned money.
Meanwhile, even if you want to show your Cash App transaction history to someone, ensure that such person is a family member or a close friend whom you really trust to avoid falling victim to hoodlums. Summarily, never share your Cash App login details with a stranger, no matter how friendly they are to you.
How to See Someone’s Cash App History
From the foregoing, we have noted that it is not possible to see someone else’s Cash App transaction history unless such a person gives you access to it.
So if the owner of a Cash App allows you access to their account by giving you login details, then you can follow the simple steps below to see their transaction history.
- Login to their Cash App account with their details.
- Look at the bottom right corner of the homepage and click on the ‘’Activity Tab’’.
- Once you click on it, it will automatically take you to the next page that contains all the owner’s transaction history, ranging from their completed, pending, and cancelled transactions.
- At this point, you can decide to click on any of the transactions that you’re interested in to see details.
How to See Someone’s Cash App Account Statement
If, after seeing the user’s transaction history, you also want to see their account statement, you will need to follow the steps below to do that:
- Login to their Cash App account with their details
- On the homescreen, click on the ‘’profile Icon’’
- Choose ‘’Personal’’ option
- Locate the ‘’Document’’ option at the bottom and click on it.
- Select ‘’Monthly Statements’’ option
- Finally, input the particular month that you want to see in the account statement, and that’s all.
Why Did My Cash App History Disappear?
If you’re Cash App history disappears, there is no cause for alarm because it is a common issue among Cash App users. When this happens, you may not be able to see your transaction history, which may be worrisome, especially when you need it urgently.
So if you didn’t see your Cash App payment history, there is a likelihood that it was sent to another $Cashtag, phone number, or email address. In order to see your payment history at this instance, you will need to follow some simple steps outlined below:
- On your Cash App home screen, click on the ‘’Profile Icon’’
- Click on ‘’Personal’’ option.
- Now, you will need to input any missing email address or phone number to retrieve your payment history. As simple as that.
Ordinarily, it is not possible to see someone’s Cash App transaction history without their consent. This is so because Cash App is a secured medium for financial transactions. Hence, the transaction history is only available for the two people involved in the transaction. However,
before you can see someone else’s transaction history, that person must give you access to their account by sharing their login details with you. Once you have their details, you can access their account and see their transaction history by following the steps outlined in this guide.