In recent years, people have been looking forward to achieving financial independence and one way an individual can achieve this is by investing. Bamboo platform is one of the trading platforms that you may consider when you want to invest. It is an investment platform that allows investors to buy and sell different stocks in the United States. With Bamboo, investors have unlimited access to invest in more than 3,000 stocks on the United States stock exchange. Interestingly, it is not difficult to invest in Bamboo because with your smartphone or computer you can invest from the comfort of your home.
Meanwhile, the Bamboo app was launched in Nigeria in 2019. This means that Nigerians can invest in the U.S stock exchange market from the comfort of their homes without going to the U.S. Hence, if you’re a Nigerian and you wish to invest in US stock, Bamboo trading platform is one of the options to consider. However, if you don’t know how the platform works, no worries! We are here to guide you.
How Does Bamboo Work?
Bamboo trading platform allows investors to buy shares in fraction. Hence, even if you don’t have the exact amount to buy the whole share, you can opt for the fraction of the share. You can buy the share by signing up to the Bamboo app and fund your wallet with a minimum of $10. Once you fund your account, you will then be allowed to select the tenor that you want the investment to run and once the tenor elapses, you’ll be able to withdraw your fund from Bamboo platform. With Bamboo, you can earn up to 8% of your invested amount when your investment matures.
How To Open An Account Or Sign Up With Bamboo?
If you wish to invest with Bamboo, you’re expected to have an account with them. Hence, if you wish to open an account with Bamboo, just follow these steps:
- Download and install the Bamboo app on your device.
- Open the app and login to the Bamboo website at app.investbamboo.com.
- Tap on the sign up button.
- Enter the necessary personal information on the online registration form.
- Once you fill in the online registration form, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
How To Invest In Bamboo Investment App
If you want to invest in Bamboo platform via their App, follow these steps:
- If you’re using an iOS device download the Bamboo app from the App Store but if you’re using an Android device download the app from Google Play Store.
- After downloading the app, you’ll create an account by filling the online application form on the app.
- To verify your identity, you will be required to input your Bank Verification Number(BVN).
- In a few minutes, you’ll get an email from Bamboo confirming the success of your application status.
- After the mail, you can invest by funding your wallet on the Bamboo app.
- You can use the fund in your wallet to buy and sell shares.
The minimum startup capital for investing in Bamboo platform is N15,000 for those in Nigeria. Once you invest, you can track the progress of your investment on the app which will be a guide on how you can adjust your investment portfolio.
How To Withdraw Your Funds From Bamboo Platform
Once the tenor you selected during the set up period elapses and your investment matures, you can withdraw your funds from your dollar account to your naira account if you are Nigerian. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open your app.
- Look at the bottom of your Bamboo app screen and tap on account.
- Tap on the withdraw button.
- Choose the withdrawal method.
- Follow the instructions and fill in the required details.
Bamboo only allows investors to withdraw their funds into their personal account with their names.
- Finally, click on withdraw to get your funds to your account.
How To Fund Your Bamboo Wallet
If you want to fund your wallet, just do this:
- Open your Bamboo app.
- At the down-right corner of your app, click on the profile icon.
- Click on deposit.
- Put the exact amount you want to deposit and select your preferred funding option.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the process.
Requirements For Investing In Bamboo Platforms
To invest in Bamboo platforms, you must meet these requirements below:
- You must be up to 18 years.
- Your username and email address must be unique.
- The intending investor must be ready to provide all the necessary requirements and relevant details.
- You will be ready to take responsibility for your account security.
- You will never assign, transfer or sell your Bamboo account to a third party.
Restrictions On Bamboo Platform
For individual using the Bamboo platform, there are some restrictions to what an investor can do in the platform, the restrictions include:
- You will not upload unlawful contents on the app.
- There’s no form of impersonation or third party involvement.
- You’re not allowed to violate international or national laws.
- Investors are not allowed to post unauthorized commercial email.
- Manipulation of identity is highly prohibited.
Is Bamboo Investment Legit?
YES. Bamboo investment is legit. The trading platform is registered with the Securities Exchange Commission(SEC) which regulates the activities of the platform. But it is important to trade smartly to avoid the activities of scammers.
Bamboo Investment Minimum Deposit
The minimum amount that an investor can invest in Bamboo platform is $10 per deposit.
Bamboo trading platform is legit and there are many investors who have used the platform to attain financial independence. However, it is best to understand their mode of operation before investing with them to enable you to utilize the platform maximally.